the UK Government has announced the creation of a public register of beneficial owners of companies in the UK. This is a significant step forward in the fight against corruption and money laundering, which is able to thrive when assets can be hidden through shell companies and opaque ownership structures. The register will help citizens around the world to hold their governments to account by helping to reveal which public officials are the ultimate owners of assets in the UK.
see more on :
Transparency International welcomes UK implementation of public register of beneficial owners.
- Register revealing firms’ true owners will be open to public, says Cameron (theguardian.com)
- ‘Shell company’ list to be public (bbc.co.uk)
- [Opinion] Europe can set the standard on anti-money laundering (euobserver.com)
- Cameron’s public register of the beneficial ownership of companies will be a damp squib of a reform (taxresearch.org.uk)
- Most Corrupt Nations 2012 – Transparency International (dmhanmation.wordpress.com)
- President of ECIPS says Transparency International should first focus on ” Real Issues “ (veteranstoday.com)