Here is a blog interesting about whistleblowers “rights” and whistleblowing in general.
This kind of behaviour is mainly encourage in U.S companies. Not so much in Europe but some US Subsidairies located here allow employee with specifici phone numeber or mail adresse to raise a concern about wrongdoing occuring in a compagny (see below the wikipedia definition)
In France this is, for cultural/reasons (2nd world wilde war) interpreted (or misinterpreted) as an exposure more than a denunciation..
Therefore the “security” of the whistleblower is jeopardize..
viaWhistleblower Protection Blog : Whistleblower Lawyer & Attorney : National Whistleblower Legal Defense and Education Fund : Whistleblower Protection, Fraud Claims : Washington DC.
(A whistleblower is a person who raises a concern about wrongdoing occurring in an organization or body of people) Wikipedia
- SEC Issues Proposed Whistleblower Rules; The Lobbying Continues (blogs.wsj.com)
- SEC Proposes Increased Financial Rewards for Whistleblowers (businessweek.com)
- New Whistleblower Rules: Are Your Workers Government-Sponsored Moles? (blogs.wsj.com)
- Whistleblowing: The Next Wave (247wallst.com)
- SEC Sets Aside $452 Million for Whistleblowers (dailyfinance.com)